Dr. Oki has been a chief of Department of Respiratory Medicine at Nagoya Medical Center since 2009. His main research interest is interventional pulmonology, and he has published a lot of papers in the field. He received Shigeto Ikeda Award from the Japan Society of Respiratory Endoscopy in 2014, and the WABIP-Dumon Award from the World Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology in 2016.
5 Selected Publications
1. Oki M, et al. Novel thin bronchoscope with a 1.7-mm working channel for peripheral pulmonary lesions. Eur Respir J. 2008;32:465-471
2. Oki M, et al. Transbronchial versus transesophageal needle aspiration using an ultrasound bronchoscope for the diagnosis of mediastinal lesions: a randomized study. Chest. 2015;147:1259-1266.
3. Oki M, et al. Ultrathin bronchoscopy with multimodal devices for peripheral pulmonary lesions: a randomized trial. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015;192:468-476.
4. Oki M, et al. Use of an ultrathin versus thin bronchoscope for peripheral pulmonary lesions: a randomized trial. Chest. 2019;156:954-964.
5. Oki M, et al. Guide sheath versus non-guide sheath method for endobronchial ultrasound-guided biopsy of peripheral pulmonary lesions: A multicenter randomized trial. Eur Respir J. 2022;59(5):2101678.